Hmm, another no photo post, I’ll be shedding readers like Swiss James sheds hair at this rate (actually I heard that he just moults for the summer and grows back a huge ginger mott in the Autumn).
Anyway, here’s a few questions I’ve been asked by the Chinee over the years. I’ll add some more when I remember them.
- So which side of the pavement do you have to walk on in the UK?
- Err, you can walk anywhere you want
- (In awe) Such Freedom!!
- Oh, we think you really enjoyed yourself when you went back home at Christmas
- Why is that?
- Because when you came back you are much fatter
- Is it true that Westerners always sleep on the side of their heads?
- At school we were told that Westerners always sleep on their sides, that is why the back of their head is round, Chinese always sleep on their backs so their head is flat.
- I sleep standing up
- How many times a day do Westerners go to McDonalds?
- Why do you ask that?
- Oh, at school our teachers told us that Westerners go to McDonalds several times every day.
- Yes, at least several
Edit: Ok, I can post 1 pic with a tenuous link to the last one!!! This is how McDonalds on Tianyaoqiao Lu (24 hour) looks at 6am, basically it’s completely packed out but nobody is eating, a lot of people sleeping on laptop bags etc so I’m assuming they stay there for the whole night.
McDonalds Hostel on Tianyaoqiao Lu, Five Michelin Stars!